With the addition of the AQ300 Discrete Analyzer to the SEAL Analytical nutrient analyzer family there is now a nutrient analyzer for every size laboratory and budget.
The AQ300 Discrete Analyzer brings all the same benefits as the AQ400 Discrete Analyzer, but with a smaller footprint and lower sample throughput- ideal for laboratories with less space or smaller workloads.
Designed specifically for nutrient analysis on environmental samples, it is perfect for immediate results on many different parameters from the same sample.
In the AQ300 all samples are read in exactly the same way in an optical glass cuvette, giving you the best reproducibility, the lowest detection limits and a unique design that ensures no cross contamination even when ammonia, nitrate with cadmium reduction and phenol are run together.
Designed specifically for environmental samples, with no compromise.
- A compact Discrete Analyzer, the latest analyzer in the AQ series, faster than the AQ1, with higher throughput, 20% more reaction wells, up to 97 sample positions.
- 10mm path length for maximum sensitivity
- Best reproducibility
- Lowest detection limits
- Economical- save money on reagent and waste costs, with less than 50ul waste per sample,
- Run up to seven different chemistries from each sample in the same run.
- Auto standard preparation
- Auto dilution
- Automatic method changeover
- Carry over and cross contamination eliminated
- Completely unattended operation ideal for overnight-programed runs.
- Scheduling of up to 14 simultaneous chemistries
- 1.2ml or 2ml sample cup sizes
- 9 filter positions 350-880nm
- Reagent level sensing (optional)
- Compact Discrete Analyzer designed specifically for the nutrient analysis needs of environmental laboratories
- Methods have USEPA approval for both wastewater and drinking water.
- UKAS methods are equivalent to "UK Blue Book"
- Methods specially optimized for soil analysis.
Discrete Analyzer Methods
The broad range of methods for the AQ300 Discrete Analyzers include analytes important for nutrient analysis of water, wastewater, soils etc.
- Nitrate/ Nitrite
- Phosphate, ortho
- Phosphorous, total
- Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen
- And more.
How do Seal AQ300 Discrete Analyzers Work?
The SEAL AQ300 uses a robotic sampling arm, and a stepper-motor driven syringe to aspirate, dispense and mix precise quantities of sample and reagent into miniaturised test tubes (reaction wells).
Samples and reagents are incubated in the reaction wells for a pre-programmed time.
A single aliquot is transferred to the stop/ flow optical quality glass cuvette 10mm pathlength. The absorbance is read in the stationary optical bench for the best signal to noise ratio.
Reaction times are programmable from seconds to minutes, with the optimized methods bringing the chemical reaction to full completion and steady state, emulating manual and segmented flow methods.
Once the absorbance is ready, the cuvette is automatically and thoroughly cleaned, eliminating carry over and cross contamination.