Product: MINIVAP VPVISION VAPOUR PRESSURE TESTER
It is the first analyzer that demonstrates excellence in engineering by earning certificates for robustness and durability.
Based on Grabner´s cutting-edge Cockpit technology, the instrument offers unmatched networking capabilities and enables worldwide access to analyzers.
Engineered for Excellence
MINIVAP VP Vision measures gasoline, jet fuel, crude oil, LPG and solvents.
The analyzer provides a wide pressure range of 0 - 2000 kPa, without compromising precision.
Long-term testing has demonstrated an unmatched repeatability of less than 0.2 kPa.
The newly developed Grabner 2D-Correction (273 points) and exact piston positioning guarantee that accurate and precise results are received over the full measuring range.
MINIVAP VP Vision incorporates Grabner´s Sampling Pro valve design, which during ruggedness tests proved to be the best-in- class piston based design for minimizing cross contamination between various sample types.
Simplicity and Flexibility
The MINIVAP VP Vision uniquely combines ease of use with flexibility.
A modern, app-like user interface makes it easy to select, start and follow measurements directly on the industry- proven 10" touch screen.
With just a few clicks, measuring templates can be created and customized methods can be added.
In addition, Grabner´s Cockpit PC software offers lab managers the utmost in flexibility.
The software combines measurement results from multiple locations.
Access. Anywhere. Anytime.
With the Cockpit PC software multiple instruments are automatically recognized and devices all around the world can be configured, monitored, diagnosed, serviced and upgraded from one central lab.
The software can be accessed through a secure VPN tunnel, allowing for true mobile access to instruments from any place at any time.
A unique call home function facilitates easy uplink to our well trained support team.
Durability and Robustness
The MINIVAP VP Vision is the first vapor pressure tester certified to work in cold, hot and damp heat climate.
It has demonstrated an ability to withstand vibrations and heavy shocks coming from any direction.
This instrument is ideal for use in mobile laboratories, in military applications or in harsh environments.
Most versatile, most complete
MINIVAP VP Vision comes fully configured to run all major vapor pressure methods.
Every analyzer incorporates a shaker to provide rapid equilibrium for crude oil and V/L ratio tests.
MINIVAP VPL Vision
While the standard VP model is designed to sustain pressures up to 20 bar, some applications require increased measurement sensitivity for samples with a very low volatility.
These applications include e.g. the measurement of Diesel, Oils or Flavors & Fragrances.
The MINIVAP VPL Vision model is designed for low volatility measurements up to 150 kPa (21.8 psi).
It shows a measuring repeatability better than 0.1 kPa for low volatile samples.
The model MINIVAP VPL Vision was developed to automate the manual ASTM D2879 Standard Test Method for Vapor Pressure by Isoteniscope for low volatile samples, which is used by the chemical industry.
The instrument incorporates a direct and an extrapolated "VOC" method for absolute vapor pressure measurement of single- and multi-component samples.
The direct "VOC"-method is a static method for determining the absolute vapor pressure required for safety data sheets. The indirect method additionally allows to extrapolate to extremely low pressures or to temperatures that exceed the instruments temperature range (-100°C to +300°C).
Both methods yield results comparable to the static ASTM D2879 Isoteniscope method, but do not require sample evacuation prior to testing.
Based on the GRABNER Triple Expansion Method, air/gases are removed automatically from the measurement result and the sample composition is maintained during measurements.
"VOC"-methods are available in both the MINIVAP VPL and the VP Vision analyzer.
Because of a better sensitivity for low volatile samples, the precision of the VPL Vision is significantly better in the pressure range of 0.1 to 30 kPa.
Methods included in MINIVAP VP Vision:
- ASTM D6378
- Vapor Pressure of Gasoline and Petrochemicals (VPx)
- Grabner´s "Triple Expansion Method" with determination of the dissolved air in the sample. No cooling and air Saturation required!
- ASTM D5191
- DVPE Dry Vapor Pressure Equivalent (w/ EPA and CARB correlation formulas)
- Standard "Mini-Method" measured against vacuum and a correlation formula for the calculation of the DVP. Requires sample preparation, including cooling of the sample to 0°C (32°F) and triple air saturation prior to the measurement.
- ASTM D6377
- Vapor Pressure of Crude Oil (VPCRx)
- "Single-Expansion Method" for vapor pressure of Crude Oil developed by GRABNER INSTRUMENTS. Better precision than classical ASTM D323 RVP method, ASTM correlation formula to D323 available. Does not require sample preparation: Saves time, increases precision and eliminates operator bias.
- ASTM D6897
- Vapor Pressure of LPG up to 2000 kPa
- Easy, quick, fully automatic and accurate measurement of liquefied petroleum gas. Replaces the manual bomb method ASTM D1267. ASTM D6897 eliminates manual operation and cleaning and minimizes sample waste. Yields results in excellent correlation with ASTM D1267, but with a highly improved precision.
- ASTM D5188
- V/L-Ratio (TV/L)
- Determines V/L ratio of non-viscous liquids including hydrocarbons like gasoline, solvents and other highly volatile compounds. Insturment performs fully automatically, providing results in minutes. No additional equipment is required.
- Fast Mode
- ASTM D5188 & D5191 Fast Mode Method
- Runs ASTM D5188 and D5191 directly after each other.
- EN 13016 - 1
- Air Saturated Vapor Pressure
- EN 13016 - 2
- Absolute Vapor Pressure
- IP 394, 409, 481
- IP Methods for gasoline and crude oil
- JIS K2258-2
- Japanese standard method for gasoline
- SHT 0769
- Chinese standard method for gasoline
- SHT 0794
- Chinese standard test method for Vapor Pressure of Petroleum Products (Mini Method)
- SNT 2932
- Determination of Vapor Pressure of Chemicals Triple Expansion Method
- GOST 52340
- Russian / CIS standard method for crude oils
- "VOC" Methods
- Direct and Indirect Low Volatility Methods
- Static methods for determining the absolute vapor pressure required for safety data sheets. Both methods yield results comparable to the static ASTM D2879 Isoteniscope method, but do not require sample evacuation prior to testing.
- True Vapor Pressure TVP of Crude Oils (FW 2.0)
- Customized Single and Triple Expansion Methods